HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
Becoming a member of CHADD is a wonderful, tax-deductible way to support the organization's national and local education, peer groups, and advocacy initiatives. A portion of your $53 annual dues comes back to our local chapter to support our work in the San Fernando Valley. Your membership provides you with an annual subscription to CHADD’s award-winning, Attention Magazine and discounts on education and conferences.
CHADD of San Fernando Valley is a 100% volunteer-based organization. We are depend upon the talented, committed parents, ADHD adults, professionals, and educators who are willing to step-up and serve our local ADHD community.
There are so many ways to get involved. We've listed a few below, but if you have your own ideas about how you'd like to use your skills, talents, or interests, we'd love to hear from you.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Development Director - Board of Directors Position
- Peer Group Leader - Adult ADHD Support Group
- Fundraising Coordinator or Project Manager
- Fluent Spanish-speaking parents or ADHD-services professionals interested in helping lead and grow a support group for Spanish-speaking parents and caregivers of ADHD children
- Educators interested in helping develop and lead a community outreach initiative to local schools, teachers, and educators
- Professionals with specialized skills in areas such as executive function coaching, sensory processing therapy, social skills training, behavioral therapy, etc. to organize and run community workshops
As a local non-profit, our operating budget is powered by donations from the community. Every dollar you give makes a difference to individuals and families right here in the San Fernando Valley. When you give, you help us provide education and support to struggling individuals and families, answers calls from those facing a life challenge, and support those seeking resources for critical services.
We're always happy to help local CHADD members who'd like to start additional CHADD peer support groups in their own neighborhoods -- for parents, adults, students, etc. We can provide you with everything you need to start and operate your new support group -- including the support group meeting format, training on support group facilitation, guidance on securing meeting space, publicity for your meeting through our CHADD of San Fernando Valley MeetUp page and Facebook groups, plus access to printable education and meeting marketing materials.
The Board of Directors, staff, volunteers and all we serve, extend our deepest thanks to the generous individuals, foundations, corporations and government agencies whose support allows us to fulfill our mission to improve the lives of people affected by ADHD here in the San Fernando Valley.